Happy New Year! I have never been so enthusiastic for a year to begin! 2015 has been such a dark, painful year for so many people who are close to my heart. This past year caused me to question my purpose on this earth. And so many questions!- Why so much suffering? Why so much selfishness? What lies beneath all the heartache? For many, it’s easy to look at people and judge. We need to look deeper- and find what’s beneath.
In the quest to regain balance in my own life, I took a look in the mirror. I don’t wish to wait for others to save me from the worst part of me. One thing I know about is fear. Fear of judgment, failure, pain…. Fear is so paralyzing. It has caused me to listen to the evil chatter in my ear and begin to question the goodness in the world. Other people’s words and opinions do NOT define me. I am who I say I am! I refuse thoughts that are not contributing to goodness. So, here are my goals for a fabulous 2016:
- Lighten up. I take life so seriously! I worry about everything. ENOUGH! I am enough. What is will be what it’s suppose to be. So I’m going to have fun. I am accountable for only me.
- Do good, feel good. I make my mark in this world because it makes me feel good. I will do good, especially when no one is looking. It doesn’t matter if they don’t notice. I know- and that’s good enough!
- Remove chaos! Everyone in my household feels so much better when things are organized. I hold on to things that have no purpose or meaning. Time to unclutter my environment!
- Be ME. I know who I am. I am happy, spontaneous, passionate, kind, shy, giving, trusting, and good. I will allow feedback to enter my thoughts, but I will not allow other people’s definition of their world define me. I DO love too much! I DO see the good in all people! I AM forgiving! And that’s OK.
- Care for my body. No, I’m not going on a “diet”. I will be mindful of how I care for ME. Eating healthy, getting enough sleep, limiting alcohol intake, and regularly excercising- even if just a brisk 20 minute walk with my family or friends- I need to move my body, breathe in all the beauty around me, and be filled with gratitude that I can MOVE.
Your turn! I want to hear what goals you have for 2016.
Let’s love LOUDER my friends….. And start with YOU!
Cheers to a very joy filled 2016!